In order to serve our year-end donors during the University's official winter break, we are recommending the following:
Direct Mail- Your gift must be in our offices by December 23 (Campus Box 7474, Raleigh NC 27695-7474). We cannot guarantee gifts delivered after this date will be processed in 2014. But we will keep your envelopes postmarked prior to December 31, to send to you in January if you need the postmark for your records. Just a note -- gift processors will work through the break and in the past few years have been able to process all year-end gifts they received!
- Credit Card Gifts- It is important for you to know that the date of your credit card gift is the date the gift is processed by your financial institution. Therefore, it must be actually processed on or before December 31, 2014 to be treated as a deduction in this calendar year. This happens instantly - and is receipted immediately - when processed through the CALS Advancement online donation site (http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/givenow). If you prefer, you may call our gift processors at 919-515-7827 and they can process your card with you on the phone (have your card handy).
- Gifts of Securities
· Number of shares being transferred
· Name of securities being transferred
· Brokerage firm making the transfer
· How you want the proceeds used (which endowment or account should receive the funds)
If there are any questions, you or your financial advisor may contact Chris or De at any time.
CALS Donors with questions regarding online giving or year-end gifts may contact Chris Wessel at 919-515-7678, or email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org (do not send your credit card information via email).
CALS Assistant Dean for College Advancement Keith Oakley is always available to assist donors. You may call Keith at 919-612-3135 or email email@example.com.