In order to serve our year-end donors during the University's official winter break, we are recommending the following:
Direct Mail- Your gift must be in our office by December 21 (Campus Box 7645, Raleigh NC 27695). We cannot guarantee gifts delivered after this date will be processed in 2010. But we will keep your envelopes postmarked prior to December 31, for appropriate dating of your receipt.
- Credit Card Gifts- It is important for you to know that the date of your credit card gift is the date the gift is processed by your financial institution. Therefore, it must be actually processed on or before December 31, 2010 to be treated as a deduction in this calendar year. This happens instantly - and is receipted immediately - when processed through the CALS Advancement online donation site (http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/givenow).
o Those wishing to make a secure, online gift via credit card should visit the CALS Advancement website at http://www.cals.ncsu.edu/givenow. Online gifts must be completed by 11:59 p.m. on December 31, 2010. We encourage you not to wait until the last minute, however, as we cannot guarantee your internet connectivity.
- Gifts of Securities
o The securities must be received in one of our brokerage accounts by December 31, 2010 in order to be deductible in 2010.
o Please note we will need the following information when you transfer securities:
· Donor Name
· Security Name
· Number of Shares (or type of security for others)
· Expected Date of Transfer
· Transferring Brokerage Firm
· Name of Fund Receiving Gift
- Donor Assistance
· The University's Office of Planned Giving will be working each morning and will be available at 919-515-5106 or 919-515-9076 for Steve Watt. Bea Sanford can be called directly at 919-515-9089. Steve Watt's mobile phone number is 919-218-1344.
· University Advancement Services staff members will be on site during normal business hours (8am-5pm EST) through December 31, 2010. Additionally, Advancement Services Help Desk will continuously check for messages left at 919-515-7827 and will assist donors as needed.
CALS Donors with questions regarding online giving or year-end gifts may contact Chris Cammarene-Wessel at 919-306-4969, or email Chris at firstname.lastname@example.org (do not send your credit card information via email).
CALS Advancement Executive Director Keith Oakley is also available to assist donors. You may call Keith at 919-612-3135 or email email@example.com.