Freshman Transitions and Diversity in Agriculture & Life Sciences
ALS 103 is an introduction to life at NC State and is an important stepping stone to success in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The course is required for graduation from most CALS degree programs.
- Credit Hours: 1
- Prerequisites: Freshman or Sophomore status (students who have obtained less than 30 credit hours)
- Offered: Every year in Fall and Spring
In ALS 103, students will learn:
- Academic policies at NC State
- Their responsibilities as a student
- Campus resources and support services
- Tips for academic success
- How to create good habits
- Career opportunities in agriculture and life sciences
Students with less than 30 credit hours take ALS 103 in either fall or spring. Transfer students and students with more than 30 credit hours must register for ALS 303.
Waivers for ALS 103 are limited to transfer students who have taken a similar introductory course in another college at NC State. Visit the Academic Programs Office in 111 Patterson Hall to inquire about waivers for ALS 103.
If you have additional questions about ALS 103 or other Freshman programs, email the CALS Advising Team at email@example.com.