Transfer Transitions and Diversity in Agriculture & Life Sciences
ALS 303 is a one-credit hour course required for graduation from most degree programs in the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. The class is an introduction to life at NC State and is a stepping-stone to success in CALS.
Transfer and current students with more than 30 credit hours can take ALS 303 in either fall or spring. Students with less than 30 credit hours must register for ALS 103.
In ALS 303, students will learn:
- Academic policies at NC State
- Their responsibilities as a student
- Campus resources and support services
- Tips for academic success
- How to create good habits
- Career opportunities in agriculture and life sciences
Waivers for ALS 303 are limited to transfer students who have taken a similar introductory course in another college at NC State.
If you have questions about ALS 303, email the CALS Advising Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.