The Summer 2016 Class is Full. We are no longer accepting applications.
Summer College in Biotechnology (SCIBLS) is a four-week program offering outstanding high school students interested in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics an opportunity to earn letter-graded college credit in biotechnology and life sciences disciplines.
SCIBLS is an academic experience, not a summer camp. Coursework is designed to be a challenging experience for college-bound students. SCIBLS students will:
- Learn, through hands-on experience, cutting-edge scientific techniques in NC State laboratories
- Interact with undergraduates, graduate students, postdoctoral scientists, and faculty
- Tour research facilities and enterprises in Research Triangle Park and visit with industry professionals
SCIBLS students are also NC State students! They will receive an official NC State student identification card and email account. SCIBLS students are encouraged to use the library, eat in the dining halls, work out in the gym, and participate in activities at Talley Student Center.
- High school rising juniors and seniors (current sophomore or junior)
- 3.5 weighted GPA and counselor/principal recommendation
- Have an interest in biotechnology or science (or both)
- Applicants must complete the necessary prerequisite high school courses
If you meet these requirements, we invite you to apply for 2016 SCIBLS. Review the resources below to learn more about the application deadlines, courses, and costs.
Learn About SCIBLS