Research Scholars/Professors

Research scholars and professors must have a Bachelors degree that matches their corresponding research. The scholar must provide proof of sufficient funding for the duration of their stay ($1,500 per month, $800 per month for spouse, $500 per month for an accompanying child). This funding can funding can be personnel, from a third party, or NC State. Health insurance is mandatory for both the principal and dependents (link). English language skills will be assessed by the scholar’s faculty supervisor at NC State and must be sufficient to interact with other English speakers and conduct research at an American university. All scholars are eligible for temporary HR appointment within the department.

General Information

Forms for Current International Scholars

Health Insurance for J-1 Exchange Visitors

Available visa possibilities at NC State University

NC State University position types: eligible visa per position

Departmental responsibility regarding J-1 Exchange Visitors

Information on the 24-month bar

Information on the 2-year home residency requirement