Funding/financial aid opportunities available to MMB students:
Although the MMB program can not guarantee any financial aid to incoming students, and we ask students to be prepared to pay educational expenses on their own, we work to secure teaching assistant (TA) positions for as many of our students as possible. The number of TA positions available each semester varies, but typically, four to nine MMB students are selected to serve as TAs per year.
Serving as a TA offers numerous benefits including--
- Full tuition reimbursement.
- A stipend each semester they serve in that position; stipend amounts vary by department but can be as much as $8,250 per semester!
- Health insurance coverage.
Also, nine credit hours constitutes a full-time graduate academic load, thus, time will be available in your schedule to work part-time jobs, paid internships, etc. The NCSU Graduate School website provides additional information regarding financial aid opportunities for graduate students. Also, see the NCSU Financial Aid website for additional information regarding federal, state, and local financial aid and scholarship programs available.
Health insurance expenses are not included in the total cost of attendance. Students who purchase the University's health insurance plan may contact their financial aid counselor to request the expense be included in their individual cost of attendance.
The Microbial Biotechnology Enrichment Fund was established to support the MMB program in several areas, including the following:
- Refreshments for program events
- Marketing and recruitment materials
- Registration fees for career and professional fairs
- Travel expenses associated with marketing and recruitment
- Supplies for curricular activities
Fund raising efforts for the Master of Mircrobial Biotechnology Program operate under the auspices of the North Carolina Agricultural Foundation, Inc., a 501(c)3 non-profit (tax id 56-6049304). You will be receipted for your gift(s).