North Carolina State University Microbiology Graduate Programs
This is an excellent time to be pursuing graduate education and research in microbiology. Whether you’re interested in microbial diversity, basic cellular processes, interactions between microbes or viruses and their hosts, or any number of interdisciplinary microbiology areas involving food safety, bioenergy, the environment, etc., this is a dynamic and exciting period for microbiology and its various focus areas. There are numerous opportunities for careers in academic and industrial research, teaching, government service, and many other areas in which microbiology has an impact. A strong undergraduate record in the life or physical sciences, supported by some exposure to a research experience, will prepare you for the NCSU Microbiology graduate program, giving you the professional training to launch your career.
Among all the considerations for choosing a graduate training program, Microbiology at NC State University offers many advantages:
- A graduate program with exciting research and career opportunities
- An engaged faculty and graduate student body with collegial interactions
- A prominent university that offers several interdisciplinary programs
- A great location in Raleigh, with regional science (RTP), athletics (ACC) and cultural opportunities
- The great state of North Carolina, with all it offers from mountains to the sea
NC State Microbiology is the place to be for science, scholarship, diversity and a fantastic place to live!