To maintain "active status" - each semester, students are expected to obtain a minumum of 4 points from either attending meetings or participating in service activities through the club
Meeting points and Interest Group meetings, which also includes MAPS/ Minority, and HOSA, as well as
honor society meetings (AED, DDS) (Students can attend and are ENCOURAGED to attend as many meetings a
semester as they wish)
- Points may also come from either from Service/Donation/Volunteer club activities
Note a MAX of 1 service points can be obtained from an OUTSIDE VOLUNTEER activity
this includes church, community, hosptal, and other campus type volunteer activities (3 hours= 1 point).
Print off the VOLUNTEER/SERVICE FORM from the website, have it signed by a coordinator or supervisor at
the event and then tuurn it in at your next group meeting
"Active" Club Member Status
To be considered an active club member you must accumulate 4 POINTS total per semester by the provided club requirements.
Note that if you are planning to pledge AED or DDS - you must accumulate 6 points the spring semester prior to pledging the following fall
(see AED/DDS tabs for additional information).
Probation: if you do not have documented meeting conflict and do not meet your points requirements (either service or meeting) during a semester
- you will be listed as "On Probation" status for the following semester.
To return to active status you only need to meet the points requirements in the following semester to retun to active status
Inactive Status: If you are listed as "On Probation" and in the following semester, you again do not meet your points requirement
(and do not have a documented meeting conflict) then you will be listed as "Inactive" with respect to the club status.
To return to active status you will be asked to "sit out" from club activities for one semester
- (you may still attend meetings) but will not be listed as a club member or be eligible for service and other portfolio building events
(you may not accumulate points) - after one semester of inactive status, you will return to probation status and just as before
- if you have paid your dues and meet points requirements in that semester, you will return to active status and can list the club membership on applications.
- Members with documented schedule conflicts (class, tests, work, athletics, etc)
during a semester that prohibit them from meeting the minimum point requirement
-Members with conflicts MUST contact Dr. Flick at email@example.com AT THE BEGINNING OF THE SEMESTER (OR AS SOON AS THEY ARE AWARE OF CONFLICT
with a request for exemptions from meeting points for that semester.
These students will still be expected to obtain at least 3 points to remain "active"
STUDENTS DO NOT NEED TO NOTIFY DR. FLICK OF SINGLE MEETING ABSENCES - ONLY FOR SEMESTER EXEMPTIONS
- If you are a varsity athlete you are only required to obtain 1/2 of the required points for the semester you are participating
in your sport or 2 points for the semester but you must notify Dr. Flick by email at firstname.lastname@example.org about your athletic status