AED - Pre-Medical Honor Society
See AED Link Under GROUPS for projects, details, meeting minutes and more
Organizational History : Officially established on April 28, 1926 by fifteen premedical students at the University of Alabama. From these modest beginnings, Alpha Epsilon Delta (AEΔ) has today become the world’s largest Honor Society exclusively serving premedical education, with a national membership exceeding 140,000 in 185 chapters.
Mission : To encourage and recognize excellence in premedical scholarship; to stimulate an appreciation of the importance of premedical education; to promote communication between medical and premedical students and educators; to provide a forum for students with common interests; and to use its resources to benefit health organizations charities and the community.
- Must have been a member of Pre-Health Club, and earned ten pointsduring the previous semester.
- Must have sophomore standing or above (minimum of 30 credit hours) with a minimum 3.5 GPA.
- Must accrue 10 Pre-Health Club Points during the spring semester - PRIOR to pledging in the fall (except fall 2013 pledges its 8)
- Must participate in the Operation Christmas Child service event (required for Fall)
- Must attend at least one club sponsored volunteer/service activity each semester
- Must attend at least one pledge social event each semester
- Must attend inducstion/invocation in Spring
- Must purchase AED T-shirt and Paddle
- Must attend 2 of 4 fall meetings and 3 of 4 spring meetings (unless you have an approved mgt excuse)
and must accrue 12 Pre-Health club total points during the fall AND spring semesters during the the year you are pledging and 10 points every semester thereafter
DDS - Pre-Dental Honor Society
See DDS Link Under GROUPS for projects, details, meeting minutes and more
Mission: The mission of DDS is to provide pre-dental students clinical experience, valuable interpersonal skills, and a passion for helping other North Carolinians across the State.
- Must have a sophomore status
- Must have at least a 3.5 GPA
- Must accumulate 10 points the semester prior to pledging
- Must accumulate 10 points the semester of pledging (except fall 2013 pledges 8)
During the semester of pledging, applicants must complete the requirement of 10 points and submit an application for review. During the pledge semester, pledges may attend all DDS meetings, events, and elections. After the pledge semester, only 8 points are required each semester thereafter.
DDS members are expected to set an example as students who are prepared to enter dental school. This includes attending meetings regularly, participating in as many pre-dental events as possible, and remaining in good academic standing.