State Leadership Conference: April 11th - 12th
Social Events: Movie Night, Gutter Ball Bowling, Skating, Camping, Rewards Dinner
National Service Project:
Purpose: To encourage Health Science students to provide community service through the adoption of goals and implementation of strategies related to the support of a national health care organization.
Description: The HOSA National Service Project involves the sponsorship of a national healthcare organization by local HOSA chapters. Local chapters plan service projects to support the selected organization. Chapters document their involvement and submit documentation to their state advisor by the state deadline to be eligible for national recognition.
This year's healthcare organization is . . .
Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
State Service Project for 2012: No Kid Hungry
Cystic Fibrosis Climb for Life, Blood Drive, Triangle Walk to Cure Diabetes,
Habitat for Humanity, Canned Food Drive, Service Raleigh
The highlight of every year for HOSA members is the HOSA State Leadership Conference held in March in Greensboro, NC.
Features of the HOSA State Leadership Conference include:
* Educational and social learning activities * Leadership academies * Tours to healthcare facilities
* The National Competitive Events program * The Educational Symposium * Exciting general sessions
* Workshops presented by professional partners that provide Information about current health care issues
* Exhibits by professional healthcare associations * The annual business by the national voting delegates
* An opportunity to meet people from across the state of North Carolina with similar career goals
* Fun, excitement, recognition, and opportunity for HOSA members!