Welcome to the Prestage Department of Poultry Science
- The NCSU Prestage Department of Poultry Science is one of 6 poultry science departments in the US.
- North Carolina produces almost 10% of all US poultry; poultry production leads NCs agricultural economy.
- Conservative estimates place the "farm gate" value of North Carolina poultry products at $3.9 billion.
- Annually, NC poultry companies produce about 800 million broilers, 36 million turkeys, and 3 billion+ eggs..
Seminar- rm. 106 Scott Hall, 3:35pm, 04/21/15 Jennifer Capps: Entrepreneurial Thinkging
News and Links
- Avian Influenza prevention in pastured birds
- Dr. Koci featured in CALS Perspectives
- USPoultry develops Carbon Footprint and Assessment Tool for Poultry Producers
- Collegiate Poultry Judging Team Takes 2nd Place at 49th National Collegiate Poultry Judging Contest
- Faculty and Graduate Students Receive Awards this Summer at PSA
- CALS Alumni Receive Awards which include Poultry Science Alumni
- 2014 CALS Alumni Awards
- NCPF Newsletter
- Economic Impacts: Chickens; Eggs; and Turkeys