Welcome to the Prestage Department of Poultry Science
Our Place in NC, the US, and the World
- The NCSU Prestage Department of Poultry Science is one of 6 poultry science departments in the US.
- North Carolina produces almost 10% of all US poultry. Poultry production leads the state's agricultural economy.
- Recent NCDA statistics show that poultry represents nearly 36 % of all cash receipts from agriculture.
- Conservative estimates place the "farm gate" value of North Carolina poultry products at $3.9 billion.
- Annually, North Carolina poultry companies produce approximately 800 million broilers, 36 million turkeys, and over 3 billion eggs.
- North Carolina currently ranks #2 nationally in turkey production; #3 in total poultry; #4 in broiler production; and #7 in egg production.
Upcoming Seminars: Room 106 Scott Hall 3:35pm
- 03/24/15 Marissa Kost: Effects and Implications of Exogenous Enzymes in Broiler Diets
- 03/31/15 Samantha Essick: Probiotics in Poultry Production: Energy Consumption and Utilization
News and Links
- Dr. Koci featured in CALS Perspectives
- USPoultry develops Carbon Footprint and Assessment Tool for Poultry Producers
- Collegiate Poultry Judging Team Takes 2nd Place at 49th National Collegiate Poultry Judging Contest
- Faculty and Graduate Students Receive Awards this Summer at PSA
- CALS Alumni Receive Awards which include Poultry Science Alumni
- 2014 CALS Alumni Awards
- NCPF Newsletter
- Economic Impacts: Chickens; Eggs; and Turkeys