NC State's Prestage Department of Poultry Science is one of only six poultry science departments in the U.S.
Many students from around the globe come here specifically to study poultry science.
Our career-ready graduates also have opportunities in many countries.
Poultry production leads our state's agricultural economy, producing almost 10% of the nation's product. Those 800 million broilers, 36 million turkeys and 3 billion eggs bring in $3.9 billion a year.
Please click for information and updates regarding Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
News and Links
- PDPS works with Combs Elementary for their World Cafe Project
- Poultry Judging Team represents Prestage Poultry Science well in Arkansas
- Alltech Young Scientist Program (Information Brochure, Research Papers, Nomination Form)
- Dr. Kate Barger ('98) is named one of CALS Outstanding Alumni
- Goodnight Spotlight: Kelly Grace Keen
- Tailgate is October 3rd!
- Many NC Poultry Facilities recognized for Outstanding Safety Performance
- Letter from State Verternarian regarding Avian Influenza prevention in pastured birds
- 2015 PSA National Chicken Council Broiler Research Award: see Our Faculty - Dr. Edgar Oviedo
- 2015 PSA Award Winners: see Our Students - Ilana Barasch & Grayson Walker
- NCPF Newsletter
- Economic Impacts: Chickens; Eggs; and Turkeys