NC State's Prestage Department of Poultry Science is one of only six poultry science departments in the U.S.
Many students from around the globe come here specifically to study poultry science. Our career-ready graduates also have opportunities in many countries.
Poultry production leads our state's agricultural economy, producing almost 10% of the nation's product. Those 800 million broilers, 36 million turkeys and 3 billion eggs bring in $3.9 billion a year.
Please click for information and updates regarding Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza
News and Links
- Avian Influenza prevention in pastured birds
- Dr. Koci featured in CALS Perspectives
- USPoultry develops Carbon Footprint and Assessment Tool for Poultry Producers
- Collegiate Poultry Judging Team Takes 2nd Place at 49th National Collegiate Poultry Judging Contest
- Faculty and Graduate Students Receive Awards this Summer at PSA
- CALS Alumni Receive Awards which include Poultry Science Alumni
- 2014 CALS Alumni Awards
- NCPF Newsletter
- Economic Impacts: Chickens; Eggs; and Turkeys