The College of Agriculture and Life Sciences (CALS) consists of over 2 million square feet of assignable space containing a wide range of structures including greenhouses, animal pens and stalls, hay barns, growth chambers, laboratories, offices, classrooms, and more.

CALS has academic departments on main and centennial campuses, 10 university field laboratories, 2 research and extension centers, 18 research stations – six of which belong to NCSU and the others to the NC Department of Agriculture, 2 research centers off campus – the Center for Marine Sciences and Technology (CMAST) and the Center for Environmental Farming Systems (CEFS), 6 4-H Camps and Centers, as well as a research campus in Kannapolis, NC.

Some departments have tenure track faculty at outlying facilities around the state. In addition, CALS rents and leases space on Centennial Campus and other locations.

Building Liaisons

Building Liaisons serve as central points of contact for day-to-day maintenance and services for their building(s), and keep Deans and Department Heads informed on facility issues. Liaisons receive and log service calls from building occupants, initiate service requests for maintenance needs and billable work, keep building occupants updated on work being performed, conduct building inspections and participate in building safety inspections. Find a building liaison.

Facilities Operations Requests

Visit the links below for information and resources regarding NCSU Facility Operations, including work requests, space requests, and facilities modifications.

Services provided by NCSU Facility Operations

Facility Operations Request Forms

Additional Information on NCSU Facility Operations

Surplus Information

When state property is no longer needed it should be sent to surplus where it will either be offered to others in the state system or put up for sale. You can also acquire property from surplus. Visit the NCSU Material Management website for information and forms on how to both dispose of property and acquire property.