The 2020 NAFSA Region VII Virtual Program: Navigating Change with Purpose & Vision will take place November 9-13, 2020.
A. GRANT INFORMATION
Participating in the NAFSA Region VII Virtual Program provides an opportunity to acquire and exchange information. It's also an excellent way to begin building a personal network of contacts in the field of international education. To assist in achieving professional development goals, NAFSA Region VII is pleased to offer grants to individuals participating in the NAFSA Region VII virtual program. For more information regarding the virtual program, visit the virtual program website.
Grant Amounts: awardees will receive a waiver of the $25 registration fee.
Special consideration will be given to individuals from two-year colleges and/or Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions, including Hispanic serving institutions and Tribal Colleges; first time attendees; institutions with significant budgetary constraints; and/or those impacted by COVID-19 related furloughs or layoffs. In most, if not all, cases, grants will be awarded to those who have not previously received a grant or award from Region VII. Priority will be given to applicants who work or reside in Region VII.
Recipients will be recognized at the NAFSA Region VII Business Meeting and Luncheon.
Virtual program grants are intended to assist individuals who face the most severe constraints in finding professional development support. Awards will be made based upon the following criteria, in order of priority:
1. The strength of Statement of Objectives
2. Participant Status:
- Two-year Colleges
- Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions, including Hispanic serving institutions and Tribal Colleges
- Institutions facing severe budgetary constraints
- Furloughed or laid off due to COVID-19
- First-time attendee, grantee, awardee
D. APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Complete the Region VII Grant Application below.
- Include a Statement of Objectives. This statement should highlight the nature of your professional or volunteer work in the field of international education; your reasons for attending the virtual program; any relevant financial difficulties facing your office/institution; and how your attendance will benefit your institution and the students and/scholars with whom you work.
- If you are a community volunteer, please also describe your organization and list some of its program activities.
- If you are a student presenting at the Region VII virtual program, please list the poster or session title(s) and the topic(s) you will be addressing.
- NOTE: The application system may time you out while you are writing your Statement of Objectives below. We recommend that you write your Statement of Objectives in a separate document, then copy and paste the text into the text box below, to avoid losing any work.
- Submit this complete application by the deadline, Friday, October 2, 2020. For questions, contact: Angie Edwards, Chair-Elect, at email@example.com.
E. DEADLINE: Complete Applications must be received by Friday, October 2, 2020.
F. NOTIFICATION: Awardees will be notified by Friday, October 16, 2020; Complimentary Registration instructions will be provided in the notification email. Grant Applicants should not register until after the award notification date (if you have registered prior to completing the Grant Application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions).